a) The Club name is The Parti-Poodle Club, to be referred to herein after as The Club.
b) The Club is for owners and persons interested in Parti Coloured, Tuxedo and Phantom Poodles of all sizes and for the promotion of these Poodles in line with The Club's Code of Ethics.
a) The Club shall have an elected committee consisting of between 7 and 10 members; these shall include The Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer and may also include a Vice Chairperson if required. All the affairs of The Club shall be managed by the Committee who may exercise such powers and do such acts as may be exercised by The Club except such powers which by the rules require to be exercised or done at AGM (Annual General Meeting) or SGM (Special General Meeting). The quorum necessary for transaction of business shall be four (4) committee members.
a) The Officers of the committee consisting of The Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer shall be elected bi-annually at an AGM.
b) The Patron of The Club to be elected every 2 years. The Patron may attend the committee meetings but will have no power of voting on club issues and may not be either a Member or Committee Member of The Club.
c) Those co-opted on to the committee shall only hold office until the next General Meeting of the Club at which an election of Officers and Committee takes place. Co-opted committee members will have full voting rights.
a) The election of ordinary members shall be vested in the committee. There will be no limit to the number of club members.
b) The application for membership will include an undertaking by the applicant to observe the Rules and Code of Ethics of the Club.
c) The committee shall determine the acceptance of the applicant to become a member; no person will be accepted unless they obtain agreement by a majority of the committee members.
d) The decision of the committee is final.
e) The Club is open to Overseas Membership for residents outside of the United Kingdom. Application shall be same as for a UK resident.
f) Membership fees are payable in £ Sterling.
g) Overseas Members are not eligible to vote at an AGM; but otherwise will be subject to the rules of The Club.
Honorary Membership or Honorary Life Membership may be offered by the committee and agreed at an AGM in recognition to a person for services to the promotion of Parti Poodles; they do not have to have been members of the club
a) A full list of members and their addresses must be maintained by The Club.
a) Each member shall be entitled to one vote after 6 months membership.
b) Postal votes are not allowed. Voting shall be by a show of hands, decided by a majority at a meeting.
a) The property of the society shall be vested in the committee. In the event of the society ceasing to exist, a final AGM shall be called to decide the disposal of the society's assets.
a) A banking account shall be opened in the name of The Club into which all revenue of The Club shall be paid. Withdrawals shall only be made on the approved signature of two (2) Officers of The Club. The accounts shall be kept by the Treasurer, a report of which shall be given at each Committee Meeting of The Club. The accounts shall be certified annually by an auditor appointed each year at an AGM; a copy of the audit report to be presented to the members with the notification of an AGM.
a) The annual subscription for membership will be a sum as determined at an AGM; these subscriptions will be due for payment on 1st June each year, and failure to make payment by the 30th June will result in the member's loss of right to vote in the AGM.
a) Resignations from membership must be submitted to the Secretary in writing either by mail or e-mail. Members resigning are still liable for all subscriptions due up to 1st June following their registration.
b) Any member ceasing membership due to death, resignation, expulsion or otherwise shall not, nor shall his representatives, have any claim or interest in the property or the funds of The Club.
c) Expulsion of a Member/s - any Member who brings The Club or breed in to disrepute or has been suspended by the Kennel Club under their rule A42.J (5) or whose dog(s) have been disqualified under kennel club rule A42J(9) shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the club. An SGM shall be called for the purpose of expelling a member. Notice of the meeting to be sent to the accused member, so he/she may attend. A resolution to expel is passed by a 75% majority of members present.
a) The financial year of The Club shall be from 1st June to the 31st May of the following year.
a) The AGM shall be held between June and September each year at a venue to be decided by the committee, taking into account the location of The Club's Members.
b) Matters for inclusion on the agenda of an AGM shall be submitted in writing either by post or e-mail to reach the Secretary no later than four (4) weeks prior to the AGM.
c) Notice of the AGM shall be either by post or e-mail and may also be published by a notice in either/or Dog World or Our Dogs publications, inviting suggestions for inclusion in the agenda and giving at least 14 days notice of the date of the AGM.
d) No matters shall be discussed that have not been properly included in the Agenda.
e) Only fully paid up UK Members may nominate items to be included for the Agenda. Overseas members may nominate a fully paid-up UK Member to include items on their behalf.
a) The committee shall, whenever it deems necessary, convene an SGM. An SGM shall also be convened on a requisition signed by a minimum of 10 members who are not, at the date of the requisition, subject to any disqualification or pending disqualification criteria set out in these rules.
b) The date, time and venue of an SGM shall be determined by the committee. At least 14 days notice shall be given in writing by post or e-mail.
a) The rules of The Club shall not be altered except at an AGM or SGM, notice of which must be submitted as in items 12 and/or 12a above. This must include details of the proposed alteration to the Rules.
b) An application will be submitted to the Kennel Club for Registration of The Club. On acceptance of The Club's application the rules will be amended to meet the Kennel Club's requirements; this will be amended in line with item 13a above.
a) Where a document or request is submitted in writing either by post or e-mail it shall not be assumed that this has been received unless an acknowledgement is requested and this is received back by sender.
a) Data regarding membership details, members addresses and contact details will be held as hard copy and electronically, specifically for use by the Chairperson and Secretary, and will not be disclosed to a third party without a members specific agreement in writing with the exception of details of the Committee Members which may be circulated.
All members of The Parti Poodle Club undertake to abide by the General code of ethics drawn up by the Kennel Club (1-14) as well as what is expected of its own members (15-27).
All breeders who register their puppies with the Kennel Club accept the jurisdiction of the Kennel Club and undertake to abide by its General Code of Ethics. The registered owners of all Kennel Club registered dogs accept the jurisdiction of the Kennel Club and undertake to abide by this general Code of Ethics:
1) Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2) Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3) Will agree that no healthy puppy should be culled. Puppies that may not conform to breed standards should be placed in suitable homes.
4) Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5) Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6) Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or the breed.
7) Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8) Will ensure that their dogs will wear properly tagged collars and shall be kept fully leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9) Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10) Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11) Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12) Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog. The owner will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13) Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind.
14) Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed or falsely advertise dogs or mislead any person regarding the quality of a dog.
NB Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the kennel club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.
In addition, The Parti Poodle Club expects the following of its members:
15) Members will not knowingly sell their dogs or puppies for the purpose of intentionally crossing with other breeds, nor allow their stud dogs to be mated with bitches of a different breed.
16) Prior to breeding, members are required to ensure that both dam and sire have had the required health tests, as in recommended guidelines for their respective sizes.
17) Members must ensure that both sire and dam are of suitable type and temperament.
18) Members will only breed from Kennel Club registered stock and register all puppies with the KC making use of the endorsement schemes offered.
19) Members will only breed for the betterment of the breed and not for commercial gain.
20) Members will keep puppies safe and secure and within the boundaries of their home until they have been purchased by their new owners or have had their full inoculations.
21) Members agree to ensure that purchasers are made aware of the full implications of keeping a poodle, particularly with regards to the costs of grooming, exercise, feeding and training.
22) Members who are breeders should ensure that all puppies leave their premises with care and diet sheets, registration and micro-chipping/tattooing certificates.
23) Members agree to offer a lifetime service to their puppy purchasers and agree to take back any dog they have bred should owner's circumstances change and notify the breed rescue as necessary.
24) Members agree, taking into account which size they have, that bitches should not be mated under 14 months of age and not over 8 years of age. Bitches to have no more than 4 litters in their lifetime and with a rest of at least one clear season in between litters. Exceptions accepted if approved by the Kennel Club.
25) Members agree not to breed from a bitch unless they are able to devote sufficient care and attention to the bitch and her litter.
26) Members agree to ensure that any dog that is made available for public stud is of sound construction and temperament and has the relevant current health tests for their size.
27) Members agree that as a stud dog owner they accept a proportion of responsibility for the puppies their dogs produce.